JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — The Florida Everblades (5-3-2-0, 12 pts.) begin a season-long seven-game road trip and a stretch of four games in five days with a Wednesday night matchup against the Jacksonville Icemen (8-4-0-0, 16 pts.) at Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville.
Last Time Out
After Jacksonville scored just 1:08 into the opening period to take the lead on Saturday, Florida scored the next six goals to take a 6-1 lead by the end of the second period in a 6-2 win at home. John McCarron (4a), Jordon Southorn (1g, 2a), and Joe Cox (2g) all had multi-point outings in the win, while Jeremy Helvig earned his first pro win with 22 saves.
Jacksonville played for the fifth time in seven days on Monday and earned a 3-2 shootout win over the Norfolk Admirals on home ice. The Icemen led 2-1 after two periods, but the Admirals scored with 7:13 left in the third to force overtime. Everett Clark had the only goal in the shootout to give Jacksonville the win.
Players to Watch
Joe Cox (FLA) – The second-year pro had his second multi-goal and third multi-point game of the season in last Saturday's 6-2 win over the Icemen. Both of Cox's multi-goal games have occurred in contests where the 'Blades have tallied six goals.The Chelsea, Michigan, native had 22 goals as a rookie in 2017-18.
Cam Maclise (JAX) - Four of Maclise's five goals this season have come against the Everblades. He's tallied two multi-goal games against Florida, including a two-goal effort on Saturday in Jacksonville's 6-2 road loss. Maclise has seven points (5g, 2a) in nine games in 2018-19.
- Florida finishes the stretch of five straight games against Jacksonville with Wednesday's matchup. Although the 'Blades have only played Jacksonville in that stretch, the Icemen have played eight games in that span.
- Florida secured its first two-game sweep of the season with 4-2 and 6-2 victories over the Icemen at Hertz Arena this past Friday and Saturday, respectively. With the win on Saturday, Florida extended its unbeaten streak to a season-long five games. The Everblades have not lost in regulation since a 3-0 setback on Oct. 26 against Orlando.
- Trailing 1-0 at the outset of the third period on Friday, the Everblades outscored Jacksonville 4-1 in the final frame, including three goals in a 1:59 span in the last four minutes, to earn the come-from-behind victory. Joe Cox had his first game-winning goal in Friday's contest just 19 seconds after Josh Wesley tied the game at two.
- By scoring 10 total goals in two games this past weekend, Florida had its highest offensive production in back to back games this year.
- McCarron matched his career-high for points and established a new career-high for assists with his performance on Saturday against Jacksonville. The Macomb, Michigan, native has recorded four points on three previous occasions, including on Feb. 3, 2018 (3g, 1a), April 8, 2017 (1g, 3a), and Dec. 3, 2016 (4g).
- The only Everblades player to register a multi-goal game this season, Joe Cox netted his second of the season this past Saturday. He also had two goals in a 6-1 home win against Norfolk on Oct. 20. He had one multi-goal game last season in his rookie year, a two-goal night on Dec. 2, 2017, against Atlanta.
- The Everblades yielded just four total goals this past weekend and are tied for third in the ECHL in goals allowed per game (2.50).
- Jamie Phillips has yielded two goals or fewer in each of his five starts this season and ranks second in the league in goals-against-average (1.80) and sixth in save percentage (.929).
- Florida had its three-game streak with a power-play goal snapped on Saturday when it went 0-for-4 on the man advantage. Despite going scoreless that night, the Everblades have still converted at 27.8 percent (5-for-18) over their last four games and rank sixth in the ECHL on the power play at 20.0 percent.
- With a 6-for-6 weekend on the penalty kill, the Everblades increased their penalty kill conversion rate to 87.5 percent, a rate that ranks fourth in the ECHL entering Wednesday night. After yielding three power-play goals to Jacksonville in two games on Nov. 2-3, Florida held the league's fourth-best power play at bay last weekend.
- The Everblades have excelled in the second period and rank second in the league with a +8 goal differential in the middle frame this year. However, Florida's highest scoring single period this season was the four-goal third period last Friday in the 4-2 win over Jacksonville.
- Florida has yet to lose in regulation in the all-time series with Jacksonville and has a 16-0-2 record in 18 all-time meetings over the last two seasons, including a 3-0-1 record this season and a 13-0-1 record last season. The Everblades have a 7-0-1 record all-time in Jacksonville at Veterans Memorial Arena.
Following Wednesday's tilt in Jacksonville, the Everblades travel to Charleston, South Carolina, to square off against the Stingrays on Friday before a two-game series in Atlanta on Saturday and Sunday.
Single-game tickets for all regular season games are on sale now!
Ticket packages for the 2018-19 season are on sale now! Become part of the Everblades Family with a Full Season, Partial Season or a Flexible Voucher Package that fits your schedule and budget! All Ticket & Voucher Packages provide savings and special benefits! To view the Ticket & Voucher Package options CLICK HERE. Ask about the payment plan options too!
SPECIAL OFFER! Purchase a new ticket package for the 2018-19 season and receive a $20 gift card to Ford’s Garage and an Everblades T-Shirt!
Private Arena Tours are also available to select your 2018-19 season seats! Call the Everblades office at 239-948-7825 to schedule your tour today!
The Everblades are the proud ECHL affiliateof the NHL’s Carolina Hurricanes