ESTERO, Fla. — The Florida Everblades (2-3-0-0, 4 PTS) return home to Hertz Arena on Saturday night to host the Orlando Solar Bears (3-3-0-0, 6 PTS) in the finale of a home-and-home series.
Saturday night is Nickelodeon Night with the Everblades, featuring an exclusive pregame Pineapple Party from 5-7 p.m. in the Florida Community Bank Terrance. Fans can hang out with SpongeBob SquarePants and Friends at the Pineapple Party while enjoying all-you-can-eat burgers, potato wedges and beverages. Pineapple Party packages are $40 for kids and $50 for adults. There will also be a postgame jersey auction. Click here for more on the jersey auction.
Last Time Out
Orlando earned a 3-0 win in the weekend opener against the Everblades on Friday night at the Amway Center. The Solar Bears scored twice in the first 10 minutes, with the two goals coming 2:29 apart, and Martin Ouellette stopped 28 shots to earn his first shutout of the season. Florida's Jamie Phillips made 20 saves and allowed two goals or fewer for the third consecutive start.
Players to Watch
Justin Auger (FLA) – A native of Waterloo, Ontario, Auger led the 'Blades in shots on goal on Friday with six, tying a single-game high for a 'Blades player this season. He made his NHL debut last season with the Los Angeles Kings and has 269 games of professional experience.
Martin Ouellette (ORL) - After yielding 14 goals in his first three appearances of the season, Ouellette has allowed just one goal in his last two starts and earned his first shutout of the season on Friday night. He has played in five of Orlando's six games this season.
- Although the Everblades fell on Friday night, they limited Orlando to just 23 shots on goal, the fewest shots on goal Florida has yielded in one game this season. The 'Blades held Orlando to only four shots in the third period, which tied the mark for the fewest shots Florida has surrendered in one period this year.
- Saturday's matchup is the first of six regular season meetings between Florida and Orlando in Estero, Florida, and the second of 12 total meetings this season. The Everblades hold a commanding 55-22-4 record against the Solar Bears in 81 all-time meetings. Despite a 10-4-0 overall series edge against Orlando last season, the 'Blades went just 3-2-0 on home ice against the Solar Bears.
- Florida has been outshot just once in five games this season and had a 28-23 edge in shots on goal on Friday, including a 12-4 advantage in the third period. Over its last two Friday games, the 'Blades have combined to outshoot opponents 26-8 in the third period.
- The 'Blades have also excelled at suppressing opposing shots on goal and are third in the ECHL in shots allowed per game at 26.2.
- Jamie Phillips continued his strong play on Friday night and allowed two goals or fewer for the third consecutive start to begin the season. Phillips ranks fourth in the ECHL in goals-against-average (1.67) and is tied for seventh in the league in save percentage (.933).
- Forward Justin Auger led all players with six shots on goal on Friday night, tying Steven Lorentz for the most shots on goal in a game this season for a 'Blades player.
- Steven Lorentz tabbed five points on a goal and four assists against Norfolk last Saturday night, the most points in a game by a 'Blades player since Brant Harris' five-point night on April 8, 2017 in a 10-0 win over Orlando. Lorentz's performance is also a single-game high for an ECHL player this season.
- Joe Cox notched a pair of goals in Saturday's win over Norfolk, the first multi-goal game of the season for a Florida player. In his rookie season in 2017-18, Cox had one multi-goal game, a two-goal outing on Dec. 2, 2017, against Atlanta.
After a pair of road games against the Jacksonville Icemen next weekend, the ‘Blades return home to host Jacksonville the weekend of Nov. 9-10 for Swampee’s Birthday and Military Night. Friday’s game will include a Swampee growth chart giveaway presented by Arthrex, and the Everblades will wear specialty camouflage jerseys on Saturday night of that weekend for Military Night.
Single-game tickets for all regular season games are on sale now!
Ticket packages for the 2018-19 season are on sale now! Become part of the Everblades Family with a Full Season, Partial Season or a Flexible Voucher Package that fits your schedule and budget! All Ticket & Voucher Packages provide savings and special benefits! To view the Ticket & Voucher Package options CLICK HERE. Ask about the payment plan options too!
SPECIAL OFFER! Purchase a new ticket package for the 2018-19 season and receive a $20 gift card to Ford’s Garage and an Everblades T-Shirt!
Private Arena Tours are also available to select your 2018-19 season seats! Call the Everblades office at 239-948-7825 to schedule your tour today!