JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Following a 4-2 win on Friday night, the Florida Everblades (3-3-1-0, 7 pts.) can earn their first series sweep of the season on Saturday night when they battle the Jacksonville Icemen (5-1-0-0, 10 pts.) at 7 p.m. at Veterans Memorial Arena.
Last Time Out
Four different players scored and Jamie Phillips made 21 saves as the 'Blades handed Jacksonville its first loss of the 2018-19 regular season with a 4-2 win on Friday night at Veterans Memorial Arena. Zach Nastasiuk, Josh Wesley, John McCarron, and Joe Cox had the tallies for Florida. Nastasiuk and McCarron both had goals last Saturday, giving each player goals in back to back games.
Players to Watch
Zach Nastasiuk (FLA) – After being held without a goal for the first five games of the season, the Barrie, Ontario, native now has potted scores in each of the last two games and had his second multi-point effort of the season on Friday night. His career high for points in the ECHL was 34 in 2016-17 with the Toledo Walleye.
Wacey Rabbit (JAX) - The Lethbridge, Alberta, native has recorded at least one point in every game this season for Jacksonville and posted the Icemen's first goal of the night on Friday. He has two multi-point games this year. Both of his multi-point efforts were two-point games.
- McCarron's game-winning goal on Friday came via the power play, Florida's first power-play goal since Oct. 13 against Newfoundland. The Everblades had gone scoreless on 13 consecutive man advantages before converting on their final power play of the night on Friday.
- With Nastasiuk's goal on Friday, the 'Blades have scored first in back to back games for the first time this season. Florida has not lost in regulation when registering the first goal of the game and is 2-0-1-0 in such contests.
- McCarron, Cox, and Nastasiuk all had multi-point games on Friday, the most collective multi-point performances in one game this season for Florida. Cox and Nastasiuk are tied for the team lead with two multi-point performances apiece, while McCarron's two-point game was his first of the season and 34th of his Florida career.
- After not scoring in 21 games with the 'Blades last season, Wesley had his first goal in 27 games with Florida since a two-goal performance on April 8, 2017, against Orlando.
- Everblades goaltender Jamie Phillips has allowed two goals or fewer in all four of his starts this season, a stretch that continued on Friday night by yielding only two goals. Phillips ranks eighth in the ECHL with a 1.76 goals-against-average.
- Jacksonville had a power-play tally of its own on Friday, snapping the 'Blades streak of 11 consecutive successful penalty kills dating back to Oct. 20 against the Norfolk Admirals.
- Florida limited Jacksonville to just 23 shots on goal on Friday, tying its season low for shots allowed in a game. With that performance, the 'Blades now lead the league in fewest shots allowed per game this season, yielding an average of 26.7 shots per game.
- Friday's win stretched the 'Blades unbeaten streak against the Icemen to 15 games. Florida has not lost in regulation to Jacksonville since it joined the ECHL last season and holds a 14-0-1-0 record against the Icemen in 15 all-time meetings.
- Following Saturday night's matchup, the Everblades will return home to host the Icemen in a two-game series next weekend. The two teams are in the midst of five straight games against one another, Florida's longest stretch against one opponent this season.
The ‘Blades return home to host the Icemen next weekend for Swampee’s Birthday and Military Night. Friday’s game will include a Swampee growth chart giveaway presented by Arthrex, and the Everblades will wear specialty camouflage jerseys on Saturday night of that weekend for Military Night.
Single-game tickets for all regular season games are on sale now!
Ticket packages for the 2018-19 season are on sale now! Become part of the Everblades Family with a Full Season, Partial Season or a Flexible Voucher Package that fits your schedule and budget! All Ticket & Voucher Packages provide savings and special benefits! To view the Ticket & Voucher Package options CLICK HERE. Ask about the payment plan options too!
SPECIAL OFFER! Purchase a new ticket package for the 2018-19 season and receive a $20 gift card to Ford’s Garage and an Everblades T-Shirt!
Private Arena Tours are also available to select your 2018-19 season seats! Call the Everblades office at 239-948-7825 to schedule your tour today!
The Everblades are the proud ECHL affiliateof the NHL’s Carolina Hurricanes